Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I would be happy to at least get a text message.



I found this question in the comment section and made it a post since I'm sure a lot of people might have the same question:

I would be happy to at least get a text message. Why do Taiwanese men disappear when they want to end a relationship?

My ex and I dated for a while. We promised before to talk things out even though we decided to end the relationship...but after this argument, he just disappeared. We were having quite a few fights before, but we've always talked things out. We are adults (in our 30's). What gives the coward this immature approach of ending something? Unless he's been cheating on me that I was not aware of.......or unless something happened to him? That is just plain rude. Very confused!

I'm sorry to break it to you, but it's not a Taiwanese men "thing" to leave as a way of ending a relationship. Several men do it. Men and women think very differently. When a woman initiates a breakup, she explains why she wants to break up, what went wrong, what he/she could have done, etc. The list could go on.

Men on the other hand, just nip it in the bud leaving us gals wanting to know why. They don't see the need in explaining everything. And in some cowardly cases, their nipping it in the bud is just disappearing without any reason whatsoever. They do this to "avoid hurting the other person," or so that they don't have to be around to see the other person's pain. Focus on what you can do about the situation. You can deal with the pain and/or anger, and move on. Prepare yourself for a happier/healthier relationship.

I hope I've helped!

No comments: